ContactosInstituto de Letras e Ciências Humanas
Universidade do Minho
Campus de Gualtar
Página Web: http://uminho.academia.edu/MicheleLoi
Breve ApresentaçãoMy research (short): applied ethics and political philosophy.
Although I have an unusually broad range of research interests (due to my unusually broadly diversified background), my research in recent years can be characterized as focused on the intersection between four lines of inquiry:
1. the concepts of health and well-being
2. the concept of justice and its relation to health and well-being
3. the ethical implications of advances in genetics and human enhancement
4. the impact of recent technological innovations (also beside biomedicine) on justice.
Categoria ProfissionalPost-doc researcher
Qualificações AcadémicasI earned my Laurea in Philosophy at Università degli Studi di Cagliari in 2003 and my Ph.D. in LUISS Guido Carli (Rome) in 2007.
Áreas de Investigação de InteresseApplied ethics and political philosophy.
2011 Justice and Genetics (Giustizia e genetica), Milano: Bruno Mondadori Editore.
Loi, M and Kollar E. (forthcoming) “Prenatal Equality of Opportunity”, Journal of Applied Philosophy, accepted with minor revisions.
Loi, M (2013) “You Cannot Have Your Normal Functioning Cake and Eat It Too.” Journal of Medical Ethics 39 (12): 748–751.
Loi, M (2013-forthcoming) “Why post-natal abortion throws the baby out with the bath water”, Monash Bioethics Review, 31 (2).
-2013 Social Epigenetics and Equality of Opportunity, Public Health Ethics, 6: 2 pp. 142–153.
-2013 Taking Self-Realization Seriously Working Paper LFP, 1 2013
- 2013 Normal functioning and public reason.Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics 22 (02): 136–145.
- 2012 Germ-line enhancements and rough equality. Ethical Perspectives, 19 (1): 55-82.
- 2010 Introduction for the special issue of Ethical Perspectives on "Genetics and Justice"
-2012 On the Very Idea of Genetic Justice Why Farrelly’s Pluralistic Prioritarianism Cannot Tackle Genetic Complexity. Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics, 21 (1): 64-77.
- 2010 Una teoria della giustizia, geneticamente modificata. In Filosofia e Questioni Pubbliche, (1) http://fqp.luiss.it/category/numero/1-2010/
- 2007 Giustizia, opportunità, disabilità” [Justice, opportunity and disability], in Filosofia e Questioni Pubbliche, (3) 95-112.